Friday, August 28, 2015

Tea Party Guest

The kids and I are tired of being stuck in the house due to all the smoke in the air. (LOTS of fires in the northwest (and a rather large fire only 30 miles away) and our air quality is terrible!)  School starts next week and we wanted to come up with something fun to do on one of our last days of summer.  

We tossed around lots of different ideas and finally settled on the idea of having a tea party!  Yes, my kids are a little older than they were when we had our first tea party, but you're never too old to have a little fun with tiny tea cups and funny accents!


We've had many tea parties over the years.  Usually they include wearing a proper tea party hat. Yesterday, we decided in addition to a hat, everyone must put on a crazy outfit.  Sadly, pictures of were not allowed due to my propensity to put all photographic evidence of our lives out on the interweb for the world to enjoy.


But pictures of our special guest were allowed.  His wardrobe is limited to this sweater and witch's hat, so that's the outfit he chose.


He was a perfect gentleman.  A lovely tea party guest.  He sat there quietly taking it all in and looking around at us like we were completely nuts.


He was rewarded with his own little tea party biscuit.  He was a little skeptical of eating off the table, but got into it quickly.  After his biscuit, he was excused to get down, but stuck with us.  I think he was hoping for another biscuit.

Crazy humans.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Auh ... is this dog cute or WHAT!!!! As you know I love tea parties too ... wish I could have been with you for this one ... But since when was anyone in this family "camera shy"??!?!??! B.

lorettapox said...

We would have loved to have you as our guest! And we looked pretty silly..... My kids are finally getting smart to my ways!

lorettapox said...

We would have loved to have you as our guest! And we looked pretty silly..... My kids are finally getting smart to my ways!

lorettapox said...

We would have loved to have you as our guest! And we looked pretty silly..... My kids are finally getting smart to my ways!