Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Seed Tape


I finally got my vegetable garden in this week.  I know.  It seems ridiculously late.  I could've probably planted it a couple weeks ago.  But let's face it, I don't live in a banana belt, so I can't plant my garden as early as some!

I have always hated trying to plant carrots and then thin them later.  It goes against everything good and right to watch a seed grow and then rip it out of the ground before it has produced anything!  Not to mention I never seem to get around to actually doing the thinning.


I remembered seeing the idea on Pinterest to make my own seed tapes, so I gave it a try.  I cut strips of newspaper and used a flour/water mixture as the "glue."  I wasn't sure how I was going to put one of those teeny-tiny seeds on each glue spot, but a toothpick with a tiny bit of the glue on it worked wonderfully.

Fingers crossed that I have carrots in 50 days!  I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see if that works, because I don't like planting carrots for that reason.
Keep us informed.