Friday, July 12, 2013

July 6th Headquarters

My apologies for slacking so much on the blog lately.  Life has been a little busy.  I'm trying to finish up THREE online classes that I'm taking for my Master's degree (what was I thinking?!), and still do fun stuff with my family and kids.  And, frankly, I'vebeen very forgetful about getting my blog done on top of everything else!

So, what were you doing on July 6th?  No, not July 4th---July 6th!


You should have been at the July 6th headquarters with us and our crazy friends!  Where were the July 6th headquarters, you may ask?  Why, the tiny town of Troy, Oregon, of course!  You might recall that we visited this same lovely little bump in the road last year.  Although, we were celebrating July 7th, of course!



Last year the kids had a float in the parade, but this time, we just watched.  They even had a Grand Marshal this year!


And a celebrity.... Miss America from 1943!  We had our doubts to the likelihood of the truth of her claim, but I couldn't work up the nerve to go ask her.


Glenn took the kids rafting on the Grand Rhonde River every day while I got some homework done (woohoo -- again, what was I thinking to take so many classes this summer?!)

No comments: