Friday, October 11, 2013

Stinkin' Cute


My dear Auntie Barbara reminded me that I hadn't posted these pics from our delightful visit to the Grizzly Bear center at WSU in Pullman when she was visiting.  The bears were super cool and fun to watch.  But they more than a tad odoriferous.  As in, ripe, rotting flesh, gag me, oh-my-gosh-does-that-ever-stink kind of odors.  It was bad.  Really, really bad.  You must believe me on this one.


It was so stinky that Barb's grandson, Dominic, spent the entire time breathing through his shirt.  The rest of us dealt with it, but there was no convincing him to uncover his face, even for a moment, for the sake of the photo.  And he was in a hurry to leave, too.  Imagine that.


I agree the stench was almost unbearable (ha!  no pun intended), but they were so stinkin' (pun intended!) cute.  Can a grizzly bear be cute? I know they can stink!  This one was thoroughly enjoying himself frolicking in this huge metal water tank (which may have been attributing to the odor--as was the 90 degree weather).

The chain-link fence made it tough to take good pictures, but was a good idea, don't you think?  There were actually two chain link fences a few feet apart.  They are grizzly bears, after all.

No comments: