Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Envy


At the tail end of our time playing outside with our cousins, we noticed that the sky was lighting up with a beautiful sunset.


I was frustrated that my camera wasn't quite capturing the beauty the way I saw it.


After a few minutes, it was getting tricky to have enough light to capture the sky without blur.  Then I looked at Christina's photos of the same sky.  Because she has a different lens that has a bigger aperture (which is what allows light to the image), her pictures weren't so blurry.  I admit it.  I had lens envy.  I went in the house and told my hubby that I needed a new lens.  Okay, I don't need a new lens.  I guess you could get it for me for Christmas.......  And if you didn't buy it for me for Christmas, I'll just buy it myself.  I love adulthood.


I may have lens envy, but I don't have toddler envy!


She's so patient.  I remember those days.  Vaguely.  I had two little girls about the same distance apart as these two.


Mostly, I try not to remember the difficult moments of toddlerhood.  It's better that way.

No comments: