Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas 2013

Now that Christmas day is past, I am not feeling so overwhelmed, so I suppose I should resume my semi-regular blog posts.  Delightfully, the kids and I have all of this week and next off from school and work, and Glenn is taking some time off also, so I'm looking forward to some time to just be together.

Christmas morning didn't arrive as early as it sometimes does.  We kept the kids up late opening a couple gifts and playing games with Hal and Nancy and their daughter, Shari on Christmas eve after our shrimp, crab and lasagna dinner (yumm-o!).  The girls are usually up before 5 am on Christmas morn (which is especially odd for Nicole who inherited my non-morning ways).  They didn't get up until almost seven which I found to be delightful.


My favorite gift for the family were these Idaho Vandals sweatshirts that my dear friend, Candi, picked up for me in Moscow when there was a big "Buy One Get One Half Off" sale back in November.  We all love our Vandal gear, so they were a big hit.  (Thanks, Candi!!)  She even got one for me as a gift!  She's the best friend a girl could ask for!


And Ellea was tickled with her owl hat that Nicole gave her.  Same one they sampled in the store!

After opening most of our gifts, we hung out with Grandma at her house since she's still recovering from the compression fracture in her back.  We opened gifts, watched a movie and played Yahtzee!  It was  a great, relaxed day.  We are so blessed.  Wishing you all Christmas peace and the love of sweet baby Jesus now and as the new year approaches.

No comments: