Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Grown Ups

Us grown ups went out on a date last weekend.  We were actually gone from home ALL DAY on Saturday.  The kiddos hung out at home by themselves all day and then grandma came over to have dinner with them and stay the night.  Our dinner mates (who have toddlers and babies) couldn't imagine what that must be like to not have to get a babysitter for the kids.  It was a long time coming, and we don't take advantage of it often enough, but it sure is a nice phase of life.


We even got dressed up like grown ups.  Of course, I forgot my purse at home, so without an ID, they wouldn't let me drink grown up drinks.  Can you imagine?  I'm certain I look like I'm a couple years past twenty, but no ID - no drinks.  Which was okay because their drinks were overpriced.  I just pretended that it was a compliment that they thought I was underage!

No comments: