Friday, June 20, 2014

Skating Lesson

Our elementary school always takes all the students to a roller rink in Lewiston as an end of the year treat. Can you imagine?  Even kindergartners get to go!!  It's craziness, but they manage somehow.


I went with Morgan last year and attempted to help him skate, but I'm woefully inadequate when there are wheels on my feet.  I don't understand.  I thought I was a rockstar on skates as a kid.  Not really, but I did think I could skate.  Now I'm all stiff-legged and awkward.  It's not pretty.


So, needless to say, I wasn't all that disappointed that it wasn't going to work out to tag along this year.  Morgan wasn't too happy because he thought he needed my help to skate.  (Like I'm any help at all!)  I convinced Ellea to give him a lesson in the basement on the rollerblades.  She did and he loved it.  He went to the skating party and had a blast.


She's a good sister that one.  And she isn't all stiff-legged and awkward when there are wheels on her feet.  That's an important quality in life, if you ask me.

No comments: