Monday, July 28, 2014

4-H Horse Show 2014


Another epic 4-H horse show this past weekend.  This beautiful girl did great.  She walked away from halter with a blue ribbon.  She should have done better, but she forgot to back her horse at the end of the pattern.  Next time. :)


She got Reserve Champion in bareback.  My fault.  She asked me if she could hold the reins the way she is in this picture.  That's wrong.  I felt awful.  Not only am I her mom, I'm also her 4-H leader.  I knew the correct answer, but my brain wasn't working.  She would have received Grand Champion, if it weren't for my mistake.  The judge told her so.  Thankfully, she's a gracious, kind, mature young lady and it wasn't a big deal to her.  It was kind of a big deal to me, but I'll get over it.


She made up for it by receiving Grand Champion in her age group for Western Equitation and Overall Grand Champion for all the age groups.  Woohoo!!


And then we hurried off to change her tack and clothes for English.  She did great there, too and received Reserve Champion.


And finally, after switching back to her western gear, she competed in the trail class.  She and her trusty stead, Jasper walked away with another Reserve Champion ribbon for trail.  A great ending to a great (long) fun day.  Proud of you kiddo!

No comments: