Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A Nice Day

Near our rental house was an area called Cape Perpetua.  One of the things to see near there is Thor's Well and the Spouting Horn at Cook's Chasm.


It was cool, but not rainy.  The lady at the ranger's station said it was a "nice" day.  I looked at her funny and she said, "Well, it's not raining!"  Our definitions of a nice day are different.


But it was a nice day in that we were together on the coast! :)  That's pretty nice if you ask me.


Glenn hiked out to get a closer look at Thors' Well, but some of us (ehem, Nicole) had flip flops on which made walking on the rocks difficult.  I suggested flip flops would not be my shoe of choice before we left the house, but did she change them?  No.  When will they learn?  Oh, never?  Okay.


The Spouting Horn is a smallish hole in the rock.  At high tide, water is forced up into it as the waves crash.  Very cool.


Even cooler, is Thor's Well, a naturally occurring hole in the rocks.  It fills up from the bottom and then flows back down.



It's best just before or after high tide.



Frankly, these pictures don't do it justice.  



Nicole and grandma and I made a trip back the next day (without flip flops), and Nicole had to drag me away as it started to rain on us.  I kept wanting just one more picture.  I discovered my cell phone's panoramic feature.  So fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, love your pictures of the ocean!! And the panoramic one is amazing!! Thanks for refreshing all those wonderful moments there ;)
Love, Mom