Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Of Overlooks, Sea Lions and Selfies

On our way home from some shopping and ice cream, we stopped at an overlook to take a picture of the Heceta Head lighthouse from a distance.  Actually, my family humored me  by allowing me to jump out of the car and take a quick photo.


But they were thanking their lucky stars (I'm sure!) for me brilliantly wanting to stop here, because we were treated to watching a few hundred Sea Lions basking in the sun on the beach below the overlook!


We ended up hanging out there and watching/listening to them for quite awhile.  It was exciting to see so many together.  The picture isn't much to look at, but it was so cool in person!  They sure were getting cozy down there!



And I'm finally beginning to master a group selfie.  It's trickier than one would think!

No comments: