Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Open Class

We went crazy this year entering open class exhibits in the fair. Someone told me that when they were a kid they entered anything and everything they could think of because they pay you for all the ribbons you win. I thought, why not?! So the kids and I ended up entering a total of 23 items!

Photos, artwork, crafts the kids made at school, a houseplant, fruit leather my mom and I made, sugar snap peas from our garden and baby blankets the kids sewed with their Aunt Nancy all made it to the fair. It was such fun walking around afterwards checking out our ribbons. We received about 20 ribbons!


For years we've talked about entering a project in the "Creature Feature" category. Kids take plant materials and create something. We finally did it this year, and it was fun. Morgan made two entries and Ellea made one. Apparently, Nicole is too old for these sorts of things, so she's holding the fruit leather!

No comments: