Friday, September 14, 2012

Barbs

Earlier this summer.... wait it's not summer any more.....waaah.....

Excuse me. Back when it was summer--warm, glorious, summer--Glenn talked me into helping him roll out barbed wire for a new stretch of fence. Being the nice wife I am (and having the generous, willing, cooperative husband I have who would do just about anything for me), I agreed.

The reason my superhuman husband couldn't roll the wire out by himself (although I wouldn't put it past him to try), is because a new roll of wire weighs about 80 pounds. In case you ever need to put up a barbed wire fence, I will explain how to roll out new wire. You slide the 80lb roll of wire onto a hefty stick, grab one end, put your spouse on the other end, and away you go, letting it roll out behind you. Beware of the barbs. They're called barbs for good reason. They are incredibly sharp and barb-like! FYI.

It felt like a quarter mile of fence. I'm sure it wasn't, but it was long and I'm a wimp! Thankfully, we rolled the wire out in the downhill direction. For that I am eternally grateful.

The one plus was the gorgeous view. If you ever decide to roll out barbed wire, be sure you have a great view to appreciate while you're recovering from packing 80 pounds of wire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your funny ...!