Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Halter

The first order of business at the horse show was the halter classes.

Nicole and Jasper did especially well together in the Showmanship class (which is judging how well she shows her horse). They were awarded Grand Champion for her age group (11-15)!

I gave it a go too. I didn't bring my horse since he's a little rusty. There were no entry fees though, so I couldn't not show. Instead, I stole my daughter's horse for a couple of classes that she wasn't in. Being the good sport she is, she was happy to share!

I didn't receive grand champion. The competitive spirit in me was a little annoyed at myself that I didn't do better, but I was still thrilled for Nicole!

The hat came from my Auntie B. It's too big yet for Nicole, and tight on me, but I thought it would work. Trouble was, when I took it off after the halter class, my scalp was tingly like it had fallen asleep! If you've never had your scalp fall asleep, I don't recommend it!

1 comment:

anatomy 1 said...

You both look great. It was SO fun to travel with friends. We must do this again, and more often :)