Monday, August 19, 2013

Happily Ever After


Eighteen years ago today, I married a man who made me smile, laugh, and feel special and loved.  I married a man who was the funniest, happiest, most generous person I knew.  I loved him greatly, but had no idea what I was getting into.  Marriage is not the everyone-lived-happily-ever-after-without-even-trying that I imagined from the fairy tales.  We've had our rough spots, but with some work (and compromise, and patience, and prayer...) we have created a marriage that is amazing, beautiful, and joy-filled.


I will be forever grateful for the blessing that is my husband.  Thank you, Glenn for 18 wonderful years:  for the laughter and the tears; for the joy and the love; for the support through the dark moments and the creation of many bright moments; and for three beautiful, well-loved children.  God bless you always.

3 comments:

anatomy 1 said...

Ahhh, very cute :) CONGRATS!!!! We love you guys, best wishes always, keep it special!

Clementine said...

Hey! I remember that day! Love you guys. I'm so happy for you both.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ... It doesn't seem like it could be 18 years ago when you said, ... "I DO". Remember the cake nearly sliding off onto the floor as you cut it?!?!? Love and hugs to you now and always. A-Barb