Friday, February 27, 2015

Lovely Lunch

Had my very first mammogram last week.  Not particularly fun, but I will say that the technician said there is less discomfort with the new 3D technology than with the old equipment.  So that was good.  She warned me that it's very common to be called back in for additional screening on your first mammo, since they have nothing to compare to.

So I wasn't too surprised when they wanted me to come back in for an ultrasound.  Not surprised, but a little worried.  Intellectually, I knew the odds were good it was nothing.  But still.  Occasionally the odds are not in your favor, right?  A lot of praying and trying to give up my worrying to God's capable hands.


And this dear man drove me to my appointment in Lewiston.  And took me out to a lovely lunch at a lovely restaurant.

My mama made me these boot cuffs.  (Thanks, mom!)

And we sat in these lovely, comfy chairs by this lovely fireplace looking out the windows at a lovely view.  And for a few minutes I forgot about my worry and just enjoyed a lunch date with my favorite guy.   It was lovely.  And he took me to my appointment and sat with me waiting and I was worried, but also trusting that whatever would come, would come.  And God and my wonderful husband would get me through it.

And it was all fine, of course.  And that was lovely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a guy ... !!!