Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Game of LIFE


Nicole was asked to Prom this week.  He was terribly clever about how he did it, which seems to be the way these days.  Used to be you would just say, "Hey, you wanna go to prom with me?"  Not anymore.

They're in Personal Finance class together and they play The Game of LIFE occasionally.  Which is odd, because in this game, you really don't see any benefit in going to college, which I don't agree with.  But I digress.....

In Nicole's group, she's usually the banker and hands out the Career Cards first thing.  He said he wanted to be the banker this time and she kinda argued ('cause my kids are good at taking turns, apparently), but she let him take that role.


He hands her this Career Card and she turns it over.....


To find this!  So sweet!  

(I guess he asked the teacher if he could take one of the cards from an old game that's missing pieces.  He covered the whole front with white out and asked the art teacher to write the words for him.  And it was his own idea, not something he found online.  That's awesome!)

But the BEST part?  She texted me right away to tell me about it.  I asked her later who else she texted and she said NO ONE.  Just her mamma.  She wanted to share this fun, exciting news with her mom first.  I can't tell you how that warmed my heart.  Here's to hoping my kids always want to tell their mom first when something fabulous (or not so fabulous) happens in their lives.  If I could be so lucky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you will always be a lucky Mom because you are a wonderful Mom. love Aunt Wanda ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah ... what Wanda said !!!! Your a great Mom. Your children are living proof.