Monday, June 29, 2015

Aunt Wanda

We had an extra special visitor last week.  My mom's sister, Wanda, came from Illinois to hang out with us and we made some great memories.


The kids so enjoyed getting to know their Aunt Wanda.  She came a couple times when the girls were babies.  I asked her a couple months ago if she'd consider coming to visit us some time (thinking maybe next year), and lo and behold she schedule her flight for June!  Woohoo!  The kids discovered that Wanda's fun and lively and just a hoot to hang out with.  And she makes the BEST mashed potatoes.  Seriously.


We went to Jurassic World together on Thursday and after watching the previews for Inside Out, decided we would also go to the movies on Friday.  Both movies were great.


We went to the river to celebrate Glenn's sister Nancy's birthday.


And we ended the week with a trip to Lewiston to hang out with my brother and his family.

My kids were SO sad to say goodbye to their Aunt Wanda.  They don't see my dad's family very often and this was the first relative on my mom's side they've ever met.  Wanda's favorite color is purple, and the girls have decided whenever they see something purple it will make them sad because they miss her so much! :(

Hope you can come back soon, Wanda!  We love you!!  And Dale's always invited, too! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes. Dale is invited to. NOt that Wanda wasn't a hoot but Dale is pretty awesome!!!!! GP

Anonymous said...

I had a great time. And I miss you all. thanks for everything! XOXOXOXOXOXO
WLS