Thursday, June 25, 2015

Fishing Trip

Glenn was out of town a couple weekends ago and the kids and I decided to take a trip to the pond and try out some fishing.  I was pleasantly surprised how patient they were, as we don't fish much, and the fish don't bite much these days.


We all got pretty excited when Ellea caught one, but it was a huge fish and it broke her line right as she got it to the shore!  Then she caught another one a few minutes later and had the same thing happen!  She is apparently quite the fisherwoman, because no one else caught a fish, or even had a nibble the whole night.



Morgan rocking the Barbie pole!  Ellea had her good luck with the Spiderman pole!  We apparently need to buy some more fishing gear!  We do have a few other poles, but they weren't set up, so we went with these.


It got surprisingly chilly after the sun went down.  Made evident by the fact that my dog remained happily wrapped up in a blanket after I stood up to take my turn at fishing!  A little doggie burrito.


And then it was time to head for home on the four-wheelers.  Aren't these two cute on our mini four-wheeler?


I was all bundled up - and grateful that Nicole wanted to drive home.  A wind block for me!


No comments: