Thursday, July 23, 2015

Birthdays and Hospital Visits

We had a fun-filled day with the Birthday boy.


After a yummy birthday lunch (courtesy of Nicole - thank you dear!!).



And some present opening and cake and ice cream....



 We hit the road for some fun in Lewiston.  Morgan's sisters agreed to go roller blading with him.  Then we went out to lunch and hit the local water park.


They have family night every Tuesday and Thursday where you can get your entire family in the door for only $10.  Ten Dollars!  Normal price to get our little brood into the park is about $45!  I'm all about a good deal.  We definitely each got our $2 worth.


A quick family selfie before changing back into our street clothes.  And then, some bad news.....






I managed to fall down as I was stepping off the bottom stair into the parking lot.  My ankle just randomly decided to give out and it rolled to the right.  I writhed around in pain (OH, how it hurt!) and then Glenn helped me hobble to the car.  I looked down at my ankle after getting in the car and decreed we needed to drive the 5 blocks to the nearest hospital.  It swelled up instantly.  I didn't figure that was good news.


Everyone was a good sport about the little side trip.  Morgan was a little traumatized.... he felt pretty bad for his mama.  But she was okay.  The pain (thankfully) subsided within a few minutes and I was feeling fine.  We had a great time laughing and entertaining each other.  Time for another family selfie.   I'm sure the nurse checking me in thought we were pretty crazy, but we had documented the rest of the activities of the day, why not this one?


Unfortunately, the ER was pretty busy and it took a couple hours before we actually saw a doctor.  In the meantime we had great fun making each other giggle and generally trying to entertain one another. The X-Rays showed no broken bones or bone chips (thank you, Lord!).  I tore the ligaments pretty good which is unfortunate because I'm told they take forever to heal.

So, I'm laying low for a few days and then being careful and using an ankle brace in my tennis shoe for about 4 weeks.  Good thing my kids are on summer break right now.  They make great little servants! :)

Happy birthday, Morgan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, after seeing your ankle on these pictures, yesterday's view is understandable!! Hope you didn't do too much yesterday :( I sure enjoyed helping and hanging out with your gang as always!!
Hope you get some extra rest today and be ready for another busy day tomorrow ;) Love and hugs to all!!! Mom