Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Photo Assignment

I'm taking a brief photography class in nearby Grangeville right now.  Last week the instructor talked all about how cameras work, light, composition, etc.  It was a great refresher.  Tonight we have the follow up class where we will take a few pictures and look at our work from this week.  Our assignment was to take pictures using our new knowledge.  We had a list of 20 words and we were supposed to take pictures to represent those words.  Here are a few of my favorites.



Childhood.



Death.  (Keuterville Cemetery) 




Emotion.  (I had been trying to take a picture of Morgan and Zoey, and Morgan's smile looked very forced.  I told him to stopped looking so constipated, and this is the look I got.  I  love it!)



Energy.



Fresh.



Life.  (Holy Cross Catholic Church, Keuterville)



Sound. (This was at the homecoming football game in Cottonwood last week.  This is the band teacher playing along with the band prior to the game.)



Humanity.  (There was a parade prior to the homecoming game and the kids marched in it.  Ellea offered to give this little girl a piggy back ride because someone else was giving the girl's sister a piggy back.)



Happiness.  (Need I say more?  Does that girl not look incredibly happy?  Heck, even the horse looks pretty content with life!)



History.  (This is an old truck from the Poxleitner Sawmill days.)



 Home.  (This is the first home that Glenn's parents lived in after they were married.)


I loved having a reason to go out and use my camera to take artistic photos.  I loved having to use the manual settings on my camera and put some thought into the lighting and composition.  I'm sad the class will be over after tonight, but I'm determined to keep stretching and improving my skills and abilities.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtful and well composed shots.

Jen said...

Love the pictures!