Friday, January 24, 2014

Ice Cream and Games

 Part of our fun day with Grandma involved ice cream at this fun little shop that has a cupboard full of board games, a whiteboard table that you can draw on and another table that is a checkerboard.  We started out playing a fun game called Headbandz, and then Morgan and I tried our hand at checkers.


I thought I knew how to play checkers, but I was actually sorely out of practice.  Apparently, Grandma is a checkers guru and was able to guide us and remind me of the rules.  Of course, that meant that it was really Morgan and Grandma against me, but it was fun.  I'm way too competitive to worry about beating my 9 year old son at checkers!  Ugh!  Now I feel kinda bad!  We didn't actually finish the game because checkers can go on forever, apparently, but we had a good time.


Ellea found the backgammon board and grandma showed her how to play.  I also used to know how to play that game, but my memory is more like a sieve than a vault.  Everything leaks out!  Oh well.  Someday I won't remember anything, and then I won't feel so bad about having forgotten bits and pieces!

No comments: