Friday, September 4, 2015

Anniversary Celebration, Part One

My sweet husband surprised me with tickets to the Vince Gill concert in Sandpoint to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.  Unfortunately, it was scheduled for the same day that we were coming home from a week long camping trip, but we made it.  It was great fun, but a super quick trip.  Hubby tells me he has other plans to continue celebrating.  I'm holding him to that.



The drive over the lake into Sandpoint does something to me.  All nostalgia and warm fuzzies.  I love Keuterville and it feels like home, but so does Sandpoint.  I don't know that I'd ever want to move back, but I always wish we'd go visit more often.  And then life gets in the way.  It was nice to be there, even briefly.


Every summer, Sandpoint has a series of different concerts at the football field along the lake.  They call it The Festival at Sandpoint.  Locals just call it the Festival.  Glenn and I went to a Jan and Dean concert at the Festival when we were dating, so it was fun to go back as an old married couple!


You still sit on the lawn or bring in low chairs.  It's first come, first served, but it just so happens that the mill Glenn works for was a major sponsor and had a special area reserved, so we got great seats just a few minutes before the show started.


There were two opening acts and we enjoyed them both.  The weather was delightful - not too hot, not too cold.


And as the sun went down, it became magical with the stage brightly lit.  And Vince Gill knows how to sing.  Yes, that is Vince Gill in the photo.  You'll have to take my word for it!


I listened to Vince Gill a lot back in the day, so I was pleased that I knew most of his songs.  So fun to go to a concert and be able to sing along.  With your husband.  Of twenty years.


Thanks, darling, for a fun evening and great weekend adventure.  I'm ready for the next one......  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a guy! Nice that he took you to Sandpoint ... Vince Gil is just more frosting on the cake. You are a lucky couple and one that deserves all the happiness the world has to offer. Love and Hugs B.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you 2 got to do this!! And jealous too ;) Vince Gill is one of my favorites too, what fun!!
And I had fun hanging with your kids as always!! Let me know if I can help make the next celebration happen! You know I am available if at all possible.
I guess Sandpoint will always be special to us in so many ways, so many good memories!
Love you both so much, Mom/Rose Ann (your mother-in-love, Glenn)