Thursday, September 3, 2015

Four Years of First Days

This has been our first week back at school.  Frankly, none of us were ready for it to start.  When I had tiny kids in diapers and toys all over my house, I used to think I would long for and look forward to the first day of school every year, but that's not how it is.  When you have the privilege of staying home with your kids, you get accustomed to having them around every day during the summer.  Then school starts and you feel like you're being robbed when they're away from you for 8 hours a day.  I tend to like my children.  Crazy, I know.

So, as a tribute for back to school and the tendency for time to fly, I've taken the liberty of compiling my past blog pictures of first days of school.

And man does time fly.  I think it should be a law of physics.

2011 (1st, 5th & 7th grade)
2012 (2nd, 6th & 8th)
2013 (3rd, 7th & 9th)

2014 (4th, 8th & 10th)
2015 (Almost all grown up!!)

So, there you have it.  Amazing how much kids change and grow up in just four short years.  And just think, in another four years, I'll have a junior and a freshman in college and a junior in high school. WHAT?!!!

No, I don't think so.  Maybe I'll go get my basement ready so I can lock them up with their crazy mama forever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOt only there momma. I can't stand them growing up. it hurts to much. DAD