Thursday, July 26, 2012

Darth

After Morgan had a friend over all day for his birthday, we went to Glenn's employer's summer BBQ! They rent out the Grangeville pool, serve yummy BBQ-esque food, hire a DJ and offer face painting.

Then it was on to Grandma's house for some present opening--every little boy's favorite part of birthdays!

You may notice the little boy in the picture seems to have a black face. To go along with his new found fascination in all things Star Wars, Morgan asked to have his face painted to look like Darth.

As in Darth Vader. One of the young men doing the face painting was all too happy to oblige. I think this Star Wars obsession may be a boy thing.

Morgan said his face painting was one of his favorite "presents" of the day. He was terribly saddened, however, when I informed him that he would not be wearing his Darth Vader face paint to church the next day. He thought that was pretty unreasonable of me, but I stuck with my gut on this one.

We happen to have a new priest. I can just imagine what he'd think if we showed up with little Darth Vader in tow.

Then again, the new priest said he likes science fiction. And he is a boy. He'd probably get it better than this silly mom does!

2 comments:

anatomy 1 said...

LOL, that is hilarious! I would love to see your priest's face if Morgan went to church like that. Cute though!

Anonymous said...

I love the star war movies and I'm pretty sure I'm not a boy. So glad he had a happy birthday. love aunt wanda