Friday, July 6, 2012

Team Penning

Our favorite class/activity at horse camp was Team Penning. Team Penning is an organized horse sport where you have a group of three riders who work together to move three calves from a group of 12 or 15 into a small pen in an arena. It's harder than it sounds, though! You only have 2 and a half minutes to get them moved, and you're not moving just any three calves of your choosing, usually. They tell you a certain color or characteristic to get. Some of them have colored wraps around their horns to identify them by.

Nicole at the head of the group.
That's me on the right.
Sometimes those calves don't exactly want to cooperate! Nicole and her horse did very well. Me and my horse? We had fun, but didn't always get any calves where they belonged!
My friend, Candi wanted to know if I thought Glenn would let us harrass his calves in this manner. I thought for a moment and said, "For Nicole? Anything. For you and me? Maybe not so much!"

1 comment:

anatomy 1 said...

Great pics, send me some more. Ready to start a team yet?