Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Rodeo Time

We went to family night of the rodeo in Grangeville on July 3rd. It was three-and-a-half hours of horses, cows and cowboys and girls. It was fun, but we sure were tired when we got home at 11pm.

I'll never understand why men feel compelled to climb on the backs of large animals and encourage them to buck them off! I can't imagine how long that 8 seconds must feel! I prefer to ride animals that I am fairly certain will not buck me off, but I'm funny that way.

Ellea hangin' on the fence with a friend.

They have a "calf scramble" for kids. This poor innocent calf runs around the arena and the first kid to pull off the flagging tape that's tied around the calf's neck wins a cash prize. Morgan is in this picture. You'll just have to take me word on it. I couldn't find him either, but I knew he was out there so took a picture.
He didn't win the cash prize, but he got tired out running around. And that poor calf. He looked a little shocked when he entered the arena and saw all these little people running toward him!

No comments: