Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Sledding

I think we may have a new Christmas tradition. . . .  Night time sledding!  Glenn's talked for years about going sledding after dark and we never took him up on it.  After laying around all day on Christmas watching cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies, we decided to go out and give it a go.


I didn't consider what the temperature would be at that hour.  Usually even daytime temperatures are too chilly for me to want to be outdoors, but it was about 28 degrees Christmas night.  I bundled up and survived nicely.


Except for the chilly drive over to the sledding hill.  Why is it that Glenn drove the vehicle with the windshield and I suffered with cold wind on my face?!  I rectified that for the drive home!



Nicole has taken on the duty of driving up and down the hill to retrieve the sledders sometimes.  It is so nice to have another driver. The kids were shocked to see me driving the snowcat to get them when Glenn was starting the fire.  They were even more surprised when I told them that I used to have my own snowmobile!  I'm not always a wimp about the snow!

Glenn took a few turns on the hill.  It's difficult to take pictures in the dark.  My camera couldn't find anything to focus on!

I love this picture of the girls.  

Ellea and I went down together for the last run of the night.  That masked man is Morgan!


Zip was grateful I pulled out his sweater for the event, I think.  He was also grateful when he got to sit in a lap next to the fire.  But, I think he was most grateful when it was time to go home!

No comments: