Monday, December 3, 2012

Family Self-Portraits

I recently came up with the crazy notion that I wanted to take some family portraits for our yearly Christmas card.  We were headed to Lewiston last Saturday and I suggested we could take along my dad's old tripod and stop at a park to take our pictures.  My family cooperated, but they weren't too sure of my desire to bring along the ugly old chair that sits in our furnace room.

I ignored their taunting.  I think it paid off nicely.

We had our silly moments. . . .

And we got some pretty decent shots, if I do say so myself.


A picture of me running back and forth from the camera while the self-timer was counting down would be entertaining!

Now I have to pick my favorite!  Feel free to vote for yours!

And I was redeemed when more than one family member admitted that they liked the chair idea after all...  Note to family:  mom is always right!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

my favorite was the one with Morgan sitting in the chair

Anonymous said...

i love the one of you sitting in Glenn's lap!! Libby

Anonymous said...

I love the one of Ellea sitting in the chair. I need one by email please!!
love, mom

Anonymous said...

Good job!! you have your dad's talent!!

Anonymous said...

I really like the one of you on Glenn's lap or the one where the kids look like they are really trying to embarrass you ... especially, Morgan!!!

Anonymous said...

That chair was a touch of genius.

anatomy 1 said...

They are all awesome! Sorry we couldn't help ya on Saturday! We really wanted to, but didn't want to drag Molly along on the trip. Anxiously awaiting your always amazing Christmas card!