Monday, January 28, 2013

Baby Shower

Dear niece Christina graciously invited me to host a book-themed baby shower with her for niece Jen.  Turned out to be a great deal for me.  I did next to nothing.  Christina did everything and we both got credit!
Ellea and I thoroughly enjoyed our day together.  We arrived at Steve and Teenie's hourse a couple hours early and helped put up her adorable decorations (that I wish I had a picture of!).

The beautiful pregnant mama was wishing she wasn't preggers anymore, but it will happen soon, I'm sure of it.

The baby tried to make his entrance last weekend, but it was just a practice run.


Grandma K got to hold Teenie's baby Will while he crunched on celery.  I've never seen a one-year-old enjoy celery so much!  Ellea was bummed that he wasn't too willing for her to hold him.  He was unusually needy for his mama that day.  You can always count on his brother, Ben, to make you feel special, though.  "a-Retta, come SEE MY TRAIN.  a-Retta, come SEE MY TRAIN.  a-Retta, COME SEE MY TRAIN!!!"
(As I stand in the kitchen, oblivious that the rambling little voice is talking to ME!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While your Cousin Brett may have been the first to call you "A-Retta" ... nearly 37 years ago, I find it interesting that he was not the last. Who know that was baby-talk for ... Loretta!

Jen said...

Thanks for the great shower!