Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cheesy Garlic Biscuits

I know this isn't a cooking blog and I'm no chef, so forgive me for sharing recipes two days in a row, but I feel strongly that you must try these biscuits.  That is, if you have a weakness for Red Lobster's Cheesy Biscuits.  I'm personally rather fond of those delightful orbs of buttery, garlic-y, cheesy goodness.  I realize they have zero nutritional value, but that's what makes them so yummy!


I've tried a copycat recipe for this biscuit before but was not impressed with the results. I'm rather surprised at myself that I tried another recipe, but I got it in my head that I wanted a cheesy biscuit reminiscent of Red Lobster and found this gem of a recipe online.  I'm not sure I could go back and find the website if I tried, so I'm afraid I can't give credit.

I served these with the roasted chicken I posted yesterday.  The family raved about these almost as much as the chicken.  When you hit two home runs on new recipes in one night, you're feeling pretty good about your kitchen skills!

The original recipe called for Bisquick, but I didn't have any, so I found a recipe for homemade biscuit mix and it worked fine.  You have my permission to go either way.

Cheesy Garlic Biscuits
2 1/2 c Bisquick (see recipe below)
4 Tbs cold butter
3/4 c milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 c grated Cheddar

Mix Bisquick and butter with pastry cutter until butter is pea-sized.  Add remaining ingredients until combined.  Drop scant 1/4 cup scoops on baking sheet and bake 15-17 minutes at 400 degrees.  After baking, brush with 4 Tbs melted butter mixed with 1/2 t parsley and 1 t garlic powder.


Homemade Bisquick Mix
6 c flour
3 Tbs baking powder
1 Tbs salt
1 c shortening

Mix ingredients until crumbly.  Store in a sealed container in fridge up to four months.

No comments: