Monday, May 20, 2013

Forty is the new 30!

So, I went and got another year older last Friday.  The big 4-0, which doesn't necessarily sound old so much as it sounds mature, and grown up and with it!  I don't know where the last 20 years went!

My hubby took very good care of me over the weekend.  He made arrangements to have a double date with some good friends on Friday night, and one of my horse back riding buddies had Glenn and I and a couple other people over for a wonderful steak dinner on Saturday night.  And then Sunday night he made dinner for my mom and his sister, Nancy, and her hubby.  So, lots of eating.  I like eating!






Nicole made and frosted a chocolate cake (what else?!!), and Ellea made a yummy chocolate chip vanilla buttercream filling, per my request.  Doesn't it look yummy?  It was wonderful!

So, it was a great weekend celebration, but I told Glenn I'm not done, yet.  I think I'll milk this for the rest of the month.  You only turn 40 once!

No comments: