Monday, October 26, 2015

Finished Product

Ellea decided she wanted to paint her dad a picture for his birthday.  She's taking art this year and really enjoying all that she's learning.  She decided her subject should be our dog, Tasha, who Glenn and I adopted the year we were married.  We searched through all our old photos looking for a good one for her to paint.


Sadly, I didn't take as many pictures back at this time.  There weren't many to pick from.  This is one of my favorite pictures of Tasha.  She was such a great dog.  This was Halloween.  She didn't mind her garbage bag cape at all.  I'm sure she thought we were pretty crazy, but most of our dogs do, I think.



This was Ellea's finished product.  There are things she would change about it, but for a first attempt at this sort of thing, we thought it was pretty fabulous.  She used a new technique they had discussed in art class where she drew grid lines over a photocopy of the original picture and grids on her paper and used the grid as a reference of what to draw where.  Pretty cool.


Good job, kiddo!  I can't wait to see what else you create.  You're very talented and we're so proud of your efforts in art!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ellea, good for you! I love your "finished product!" Hope you do more. That is special to have a painting of Tasha!! Keep up your creative abilities!! I am sure Grandpa Bob loves it too! Love you to the moon and back, hugs, Grandma