Thursday, October 15, 2015

Sharing Babies


Lucky for her, Ellea inherited my love of babies.  Usually there is much jockeying and dissension about who gets to hold the baby in the room.  I try to be the mature adult that I am, and give her more holding time, but it's hard.  I'm not really that mature, or that adult-y.


To remedy this dillemma, our sweet niece, Jen, decided to have twins.  Because you know how much control a person has on that sort of decision. :)  Well, whether she was part of the decision or not, she sure did a good job bringing them into the world.  These two sweet girls were huge (especially if you know how tiny their mama is!).  Cecelia was 7lbs 6 oz and Beatrice was 6lbs 3 oz. Those sound like normal baby weights to me, not twin baby weights.  Wow!

The night before we came to visit, they were fussy and didn't feel good.  When we were there, they were sweet and snuggly and Ellea and I couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more.  I'm sure our presence made all the difference.  Just call us the baby whisperers.


Ellea is such a pro at handling a baby.  I joked that she should move in with Joe and Jen and go to school there.  Jen was all about it.  Not a joking matter.



One quick picture before we had to leave and daddy Joe suggested I better hold both babies.  I've never held two newborns at once, before.  It was fun, but I can't imagine this being my daily reality.  Overwhelming, perhaps?  So, prayers for the Kaufman's as they figure out their new normal (they have three other kiddos, as well!).

We'll be back soon for some more baby holding.  I might even share with Ellea.

No comments: