Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Getting Away

I've been at a conference and work-related meetings this week in Boise.  Missing the fam, but always fun to get away for a couple days.  No cooking.  No washing dishes.  No dirty diapers.  Wait, there haven't been dirty diapers for awhile.  For that, I am grateful.  Still, it's a nice break from daily life for short-term.



Had a super yummy dinner last night at P.F. Chang's.  I loved that they had a scarf on their horse statue.  Turned out to be a breast-cancer awareness thing.  They recommended selfies with the horse, so I complied.  Not sure that selfies are my gift, but I try.



As an aside, I appreciated these bricks in the sidewalk for having so much Vandal Pride.  You have to use your imagination a little, but don't they remind you of a capital I?  The friends I was with thought I was little crazy, but you have to appreciate Vandal support wherever you can get it.  Especially in Boise, where our biggest rivals Boise State University is located.  I think whoever picked out this style of bricks was a secret Vandal fan.  I will take it to my grave.

No comments: