Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Spring Concerts


As the school year winds down (7 days left!), it's that time of year for spring concerts.  Morgan's concert was first.  Singing his little heart out.


And playing his little heart out on the Marimbas.  He got to play this bass set, which the teacher later told me only the best players get chosen for because you can hear every mistake.  Why am I so darn competitive that my heart swells with pride the my kid got to play these?  Other children played them during other songs, but my kid played them for this song, and somehow that matters.  Gonna have to work on that.  The pride, not that other kids played them, too!
 

And then there was the junior/senior concert.  Both my girls play instruments, but sadly, they're not taking band again next year.  The band teacher is retiring and they decided to move on to other electives.  As a band member myself all through high school and college, it makes me a little sad, but I'll get over it.


And, I know this has been a major theme in my blogs lately, but will my kids please stop growing up?  Please?  Thank you.

No comments: