Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Brownie Pancakes

Our oven was on the fritz for awhile and we finally knew it was done fulfilling it's ovenly duties when Morgan made brownies and they were in there for twice their normal time and still were nowhere near done.  I like my brownies a tad gooey, but c'mon!

It was a conundrum figuring out what to do about it.  If the camper was here, I would have trotted out and put them in that oven,but alas, the camper is put away for the winter and not right outside my door.  I was beginning to think we'd have to throw them away, but how sad is that?  Really, really, really sad!

One of the girls mentioned they'd seen on Pinterest making brownies in the waffle iron.  Bingo!  Perfect solution.  I may not have an oven that works, but I have a waffle iron that works!  That has a sad ending though, too.  I sprayed the waffle iron liberally with cooking spray, but the brownie waffles were sticking.  It just wasn't working, and it was making me sad.


At this point, I was determined to NOT throw out this brownie mix, so I pulled out the electric skillet.  If I couldn't make brownie waffles, I could certainly make brownie pancakes, right?



Well, sort of.  They weren't the right consistency to actually flip over like a proper pancake, but I could kind of roll them over.  They ended up looking more like scrambled eggs than pancakes.  Actually, they didn't look much like scrambled eggs at all, as you can see, but they tasted an awful lot like brownies, so their appearance was irrelevant.

The moral of the story?  You do what you have to do to prevent throwing away an entire pan of brownies!  Amen and Hallelujah!!

No comments: