Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Pot Pie

Ellea and I were feeling adventurous and decided to make a pot pie for dinner tonight.  She had her first ever pot pie at KFC awhile back and loved it.  (I know, weird - KFC has good pot pie?  I found that hard to believe, too.)  I've never been a huge fan of pot pie, but I thought we could give it a go.


Check out her beautiful new apron that she just finished sewing with her Aunt Nancy.  It's as beautiful as she is!  (And she thought of you when it was finished, Aunt Wanda since it's your favorite color!)


She decided we needed a selfie, but she insisted we use my big camera.  It's not really set up for selfies, but I was up for trying.


Nope.  Not quite.


Better, but she suggested I try for no double chin.  Always good advice.



But, should a person overcompensate for potential chin doubling by pointing your nose to the ceiling?  Maybe not so much.


 It's gonna have to do.  We have dinner to make.


And I'd say dinner was a success!  We used the Pioneer Woman Pot Pie recipe.  We even made Pioneer Woman's pie crust and it was tender and flaky.  Yay!  (I've made pie crust maybe three different times and never been too impressed, so I was pretty tickled.)  And look at the beautiful pattern Ellea cut into the top!  Beautiful AND yummy!

Turns out I DO like pot pie.  At least when Ellea and I make it!  Thanks for your help, darling girl!



3 comments:

DebbysBeads said...

It looks delicious! Great job, Ellea!

I tried the Pot pie at KFC recently.... yummo. I bet yours was even better.

lorettapox said...

Thanks, Debby! That's interesting that you liked KFCs pot pie, too. There must be something to it! :)

Anonymous said...

the pot pie looks very good and yes I love the purple! love you all Aunt Wanda