Sunday, January 4, 2015

One, two, three.... Jump!

I prefer taking pictures without a flash, whenever possible.  That's a tad bit tricky in the dark with only Christmas lights as your source of illumination, but I thought we could give it a go.  Again, the kids were very cooperative with taking pictures.  More pictures.  And they made it fun!  Such good kids.  I need to remember that the next time I'm super-annoyed that they don't want me taking their picture!


First, they struck a contemplative pose.  So thoughtful....


Then they got this crazy idea that they'd do a picture jumping off this concrete curb in unison.  I set my camera to take continuous shots and away we went.


It was trickier than they thought it would be.


They had various take off and landing times.  (Despite counting to three!)


They'd jump and then run over to me to look at how the shots turned out.

Then they'd do it again.  They kept at it and we had four or five retakes.


They wanted to all lift their legs high at the same time.  Again, harder than it sounds.


Success!  This was our final take and it was perfect.  And it's by far my favorite.  They look so joyful.  So pleased with themselves!  And they should be.  Life is good.

No comments: