Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ode to John

Looking back through last year's photos, I decided to post a couple more Seattle zoo pics because they're so darn beautiful. (And after 255 daily posts, I'm running out of current material!)

As you may recall, I had some camera envy while we were at the zoo with our dear hosts, John and Wendi. Alas, Santa failed to bring me the fancy camera of my dreams, so I continue to live vicariously through others' photography. I wanted to share a few more beautiful animal photos a la John.......

I love the crispness of the foreground in this photo and the blurred background. Why can't I seem to do this with my little Canon point and shoot?! Granted, I haven't even begun to try, but still.....

Arctic Fox. So cute and cuddly looking.


I prefer to see wolves in zoos than in my back yard. Hubby thinks we should release a few in New York's Central Park and so they can experience their beauty too.

2 comments:

wendi drake said...

I love reading your blog, it's the first thing I read every morning actually. Fun!

lorettapox said...

Thanks, Wendi! That's nice to hear! Love ya!