Monday, January 30, 2012

Skiing Sistas

The girls got to go skiing last Friday with the school. Fourth, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th graders all got to skip classes all day and were bussed up to the ski hill here in Cottonwood. I know nothing about skiing, but I know the price is right. Only $10 for the lift ticket and $10 for rental.

The lucky ducks got to go skiing again yesterday. Ellea's Uncle Dave (and Godfather) bought her a punch card so she could go a few times this season. Now if the snow will just stick around, she'll be all set!

Giving each other a hand.



The good old T-Bar pulls them up the hill!


This was only Ellea's fourth time going skiing, and I'm glad she's enjoying it so much. I tried going skiing once. That was enough for me! A friend offered to take me with her to Schweitzer after we got free lift tickets for being on the Honor Roll. She proceeded to put me on the ski lift at the bunny hill and give me ZERO instruction. She and her dad thought I could just point my skis down the hill and away we'd go. I wasn't a big fan of that plan after about 20 feet. I'm not much of a daredevil and stopping or slowing down were my priority needs! After taking off my skis halfway down the hill and hoofing it to the lodge, it occurred to them to get me a lesson. Lessons?! Lessons would be good!


It wasn't so bad after getting some instruction, but I already had that bad taste in my mouth. I'll just stick to watching and taking pictures, thanks anyway!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you all the way on the skiing, Loretta, but you deserve an award for taking pictures in the cold! I'm happy as a clam sitting inside where there's not a hint of chill (and maybe hot chocolate)! :)
-Angie

Anonymous said...

P.S. What a beautiful tribute to your husband ... I can't wait to see what he comes up with for you!! :)
-Angie