Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Boise Food

One of the nights in Boise during the Hallissey tournament, we ate dinner at the Outback Steakhouse with some friends.

I had steak.  It was yummy, but my plate looked sadly half empty.  I had plenty to eat as it also came with a big salad.  But there's something to be said for filling your plate.  Maybe use a smaller plate or spread out those yummy garlic mashed potatoes so they take up more room.  Something.


Especially when this is what your husband's plate looks like.  He didn't get a salad, so he really didn't consume that much more food than me.  It just looks more pleasing.  What I'm saying is that I had a little plate envy.  But then I ate my food and was very full, so I got over it.  Thanks for listening.


The happy couple.  Happy to eat.  Happy to be out with friends.  Happy that the kids sat at their own table and the adults sat at another.  It was almost like a date.


And no trip to Boise would be complete in our family without a trip to Olive Garden.  We stopped there after the final championship game.  I was almost too exhausted to want to eat.  Almost.  Not quite.  I had my usual - Chicken Scampi.  It is the yummiest.  You have to have an affinity for green and red bell peppers, but I do, so I love it.  I was so hungry and so tired that I forgot to take a picture until my leftovers were waiting to go home.  It's lucky I had any leftovers to take a picture of, really.  I wouldn't want to deprive you of a photo of my leftovers.  I'm considerate like that.  You can thank me later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They forgot the VEGGIES ... Someone at "Outback", should be fired!

Clementine said...

I canNOT believe you did Olive Garden without me! JK. Hope you had a good time!