Friday, February 1, 2013

Mama Bear

It's so hard as a mom watching your child playing a sport they love and not getting as much playing time as they'd like.  As a matter of fact, for me, my hackles raise and I want to get in the coach's face about it.  Luckily for my daughter, I have some self-control and instead just sit in the bleachers and fume!

I know it's hard to be the coach and try to get everyone playing time while still being competitive on the court.  So long as it doesn't become the standard that Nicole gets less time than most other players, I'm fine with it.  Since it's only happened once and we've only played two games, I think I just need to chill out!

And, I didn't think I was a crazy competitive sports mama.  I'm not, really!  It's just the protective mama bear in me, I guess!

What little she did play last night, she made a couple of great saves.  I wanted to share this video with you of one of them (she's number 4).  I hope you enjoy lots of pictures of volleyball and basketball, 'cause that's what you'll be getting for the next month or so!!

Happy Friday!
(or try this link, if the video won't load)



Oh, and they did win all three matches they played last night, by the way.  They've got the season off to a great start.

No comments: