Monday, February 11, 2013

One Less Iron

What a weekend.  Glenn (and I, but mostly Glenn) were the chairpersons for our yearly parish dinner.  Roast beef, ham, *real* potatoes, and all the trimmings.  Today was the big day.  Thursday was an all day cook-the-roasts event (that I missed out on due to work), Saturday was cutting the meat, veggies for salad, peeling 250 pounds of potatoes and other finishing touches.

But, today was the big day.  We served over 400 people, and sold over 3,000 raffle tickets.  Again, Glenn gets most the credit.  He wanted to take this project on again (it's the fourth time we've done it), so I let him cover most of it.  We chaired it last year also, but I was in New York City at the time, so I missed it.  

Good job, Glenn, you pulled it off.  Even with all your other (many) irons in the fire!  You did good.  Thank goodness someone else has stepped up to do it next year, but you did good!

No comments: