Monday, April 23, 2012

Texas Roadhouse

Again, with my scheduled post not publishing....... You'd think I would learn! I'll do better tomorrow.

Night two of our mini-vacation involved dinner with my college roommate and her family. Normally we make these people go to Olive Garden with us every time we come to town, because that's where we go. Lucky for them, we had gone to Olive Garden the night before so we decided to try something new (gasp!). We gave Texas Roadhouse a try, and we were not disappointed.

The first order of business was trying their "famous" margaritas. They were delicious. Yummy, too. I enjoyed them.


Our dinnermates insisted on ordering Fried Pickles as an appetizer. I hate dill pickles, but I agreed to try one when Glenn pointed out it would make good blogging material.

I don't like fried dill pickles any better than not-fried dill pickles. The dill pickle eaters at the table said they were curiously yummy, however.

Texas Roadhouse is known for entertaining their customers with periodic line dances. Glenn told our server that our girls know a couple line dances and she talked Nicole into trying one with them. It looked tricky, but Nicole was a good sport.

She eventually opted to just watch them dance. Glenn threatened to swing dance with me, but thankfully it didn't happen.

I should've taken a picture of the baby back ribs that Nicole and I shared, but I was too excited about diving right in. Ellea had very cute sliders (mini burgers), but again, no photo. Keep in mind, I was well into my second margarita at this point. That explains a lot.

1 comment:

anatomy 1 said...

Glad you had a better experience at this place than Marv and I have. We tried it once in Pocatello with my sister-in-law because this is her favorite place to go. We were pretty disappointed in the high price and lower quality of food. But, maybe Marv is just a little "picky" with meat/bbq/smoked dishes. However, I wasn't all that impressed either. We vowed that we wouldn't spend money there again since Marv does better at home. Maybe it is location, but glad that you guys liked it!! We would MUCH rather do Olive Garden :)