Sunday, April 29, 2012

Warm and Gooey

I told the kids if they'd help me clean up the house after dinner the other night that I'd make caramel popcorn. That put them right to work! Too bad I can't motivate them to work that hard for dinner. Hmm. I might have to think about that. If I starve them for a few days. . . .

Kidding. I'm kidding. It's a joke. I wouldn't actually starve them.


My trusty assistant. Stirring the caramel.

The finished product. Yum. It's best when it's warm and gooey. I ate entirely too much.


Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Popcorn
(I don't make up the names, I just share the recipes!)

1 c brown sugar
2 T corn syrup (dark or light)
1 stick butter or margarine (I use butter. Butter is good!)
1/3-1/2 c popcorn, popped
pinch of soda
1 t vanilla (opt)
1 t salt (opt)

Boil sugar, syrup, and butter or margarine for one minute at a hard boil. Add pinch of soda, vanilla and salt after you remove caramel mixture from heat. Toss with popcorn.

It's good with a handful of chocolate chips thrown in too. Just in case you didn't know-- everything is better with chocolate chips thrown in. Okay, maybe not broccoli, but everything else.

No comments: