Friday, February 17, 2012

World Traveler

Not really. But, somehow "country traveler," just doesn't have the same ring to it!! I never in my wildest dreams, ever imagined I'd ever get to visit New York City. My new job as the Site Coordinator of a federal grant called GEAR UP took me there for a conference all this week.

My flight landed at Newark airport at 11pm last Saturday night and we got to the motel at about 2am. When the driver finally showed up to pick us up, he took us seriously when someone suggested that he could drive us around to see the sights!! He showed us the Manhattan bridge, the Brooklyn Bridge, Ground Zero and the new World Trade Center, China town and probably a bunch of other stuff that I missed!!

I tried to take pictures of some of the sights, as I wasn't sure how much sight-seeing we'd manage to get in with the conference keeping us busy until 5pm most nights.



I knew pictures at dark, in a crazy-fast cab, through a window would be a stretch with my little point-and shoot, but all a girl can do is try!

No comments: