Sunday, February 19, 2012

Central Park

My first outing in New York City was to Central Park with a few colleagues from Idaho who I'd never met before, but got to know very well over the next few days! It was a brisk 35 degrees, so I felt right at home!

This is a famous pond that's in lots of movies. Just looked like a pond to me!


I thought this bridge looked very cool and my companions said they recognized it from movies also. The park was beautiful for it being the middle of winter. I'd love to see it in summer when everything is green.


There were lots of horse-drawn carriages, and I was tempted to take a ride but they wanted $50 for a 20 minute ride, so I was happy with just a picture!




I loved this guy's feather! He was trying to eat my hand while I stood there. He must get lots of treats from people! You'll notice the scarf on my head. I thought to pack gloves and a neck scarf, but my ears were freezing so I bought a $5 scarf from a street vendor in an attempt to thaw out my ears!

No comments: