Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Hilton

The conference I went to this week was in the New York Hilton. I figured the rooms would be very posh and fabulous, because this is The Hilton!! I was even more excited about what my room might be like when I was upgraded to a room on the "Executive Level." I was on the 44th floor--the top floor!

The exterior and the lobby were impressive, as expected.



The room? Not so much. What you see is here is, literally, the entire room. Six inches to the right of the bed is a wall. I'm guessing a hotel this size has janitor's closets bigger than this! There were stains on the carpet and the drapes looked like there were overdue for a cleaning.


I was floored to enter the (small) bathroom and see no toilet paper! Seriously? And one of the sconce light fixtures over the mirror was missing its glass cover. Just a couple of bare fluorescent bulbs.

I've stayed in plenty of Super 8's that were as nice or nicer. And they weren't $250 per night!

No comments: