Friday, February 10, 2012

The Coeur d'Alene

The day after I got home from the Youth Rally in Coeur d'Alene, I was back on Highway 95 to a meeting in--you guessed it, Coeur d'Alene!! I was invited to join a "team" from Cottonwood going through a 15 month process call The Idaho Leads Project which is going to teach us ways to make our school district better. The team is made up mostly of teachers and administrators and one student and one parent (me!!). This whole process is being paid for by an Idaho non-profit group called the J.A. and Kathryn Albertson foundation which is a big supporter of education.

They have deep pockets because we were well treated at the beautiful resort hotel called "The Coeur d'Alene." Very posh. Very luxurious. Very expensive!

They put us up in these gorgeous rooms overlooking Lake Coeur d'Alene. I had that beautiful (quite comfortable) king size bed all to myself! A few of us shared rooms, but some of us had luxurious alone time!

Unfortunately, I only spent about 45 minutes in this beautiful space when I wasn't sleeping! We arrived very late because we watched a girls' district basketball game on the way there. Then up and ready for breakfast at 7:30 am and heading for home at 6:30 p.m. Yup, you read that right. 11 hours of meetings! And there are three more meetings scheduled over the next 9 months! Luckily, it was very educational and I think it will be a worthwhile process. But, next time, I'm definitely getting there earlier, so I can enjoy the amazing room!

No comments: